Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Happy Easter (belated)

For those who celebrate and for those who don't, here's a happy spring time picture anyway. This is a painting I did a few years ago in 2015. It's me broadcasting live from a chick tv. I like painting science experiments gone wrong, some ideas are better left for painting I think. I spent my Easter with my inlaws eating A LOT of food, I am lucky : )


Chick Flix acrylic on canvas 9 x 12 x 1.5 inches 2015 $400


Remember these barrettes from the 90s? The eye button reminds me of my mom's sewing room. I'd tinker around in there as a kid going through all the different fabrics, coloured and patterned. I remember she kept this giant cookie tin of buttons I used to live to tinker in.


I started a youtube channel, did I tell you that? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYHOudaUh-fOLXrqNvGM0aw?view_as=subscriber 

More on that topic later that topic deserves it's own separate post, let's try and stay on track here. 


Marble also from my childhood. My brother won a giant jar of marbles when he was 10 and I was 5 so marbles were always around for tinkering. I loved marvelling at all their different pretty colours, patterns and textures, again I was lucky by association.



This here is my portrait. It actually started as a birthday photo my now husband took that my cousin used as reference for a digital drawing that my friend manipulated digitally and I repainted. An impression of an impression of an impression of an impression looking back at me.

No comments: