Monday, April 16, 2018

Day 6 LA to San Francisco

Day 6 we took the 7 hourish drive from LA to San Francisco. We took the scenic route stopping along the coast for pictures, here is a snippet of the trip. I loved all the colours and the changing scenery.


Pretty orange flowers on the hills.


Windy hills that go up and down.


Cute little tree street, I missed half of it waiting for my phone to turn on : (


I look cute in Santa Cruz!


Walking out for a stretch...


...by the water (photo by Nat).


I love the wild flowers here, they come in pink and yellow.



It got rainy eventually and we ended up at the world famous Duarte's Tavern, founded in 1894! In short it began serving whiskey at the bar, same bar still in operation. Reopened after prohibition, was a barber shop too for a little while, then became a full on tavern and restaurant. It's got it's own vegetable garden in the back and serves a wide array of fresh fish and seafood. Handed down from a few generations it's also known for it's artichoke dishes. We stumbled upon this place in the rain by accident and only later learned people all over come for a visit based solely on reputation alone.


Artichoke ravioli WAS GOOD


Back on the road we made more stops for pictures, me with my rain jacket on.


Purdy..



Finally at destination, San Francisco!


No comments: