Friday, March 26, 2010

1000 FOR $10

Type: Music/Arts - Exhibit
Start Time: Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 7:00am
End Time: Monday, April 5, 2010 at 5:00pm
Location: Hotshot
Street: 181 Augusta Avenue
City/Town: Toronto, ON
View Map

DescriptionOPENING APRIL 1st, at 7PM
The second annual Artclub INTL "1000 FOR $10" Exhibition and Art Sale

1000 Pieces of Original Artwork for the LOW, LOW PRICE OF TEN (10) DOLLARS ($)!!!
Drawings, paintings, prints, photos, t-shirts, zines, and possibly more. Put on your buying shoes and get ready to schmooze.

Come for a drink or two, enough art to FILL A MUSEUM and music brought to you by Hamilton's Own DJ gNat "Redface" Turner!

With visual art by:

John C Barry
Anam Ahmed
Lisa Ng
Eric Euler
Bradford Wilson
Trevor Guiden
Lex Buchanan
Rajni Perera
Felix Larios
Lucas Espin
Nevena Niagolova
Ryan Solski
Eric Jackson
Karen Shay
Jon Chau
Filip Anton
Julian Altrows
Cassie Pyatt
Johanna Louie
Dan Rocca
Felix Suen
Olga Wieczorek
Jenna Paige
Franny Rutchinski
Jesse Sousa
Saira Hussain
Hayden Thomas
Val Sears
Vanessa Maltese
Anali Herr
Hugo Arias
Kate Farnworth
Aaron Manczyk
Hillary Nystedt

The opening begins at 7 PM Thursday April 1st (NO JOKE!) and is 19+ (sorry kids.) RSVP is a must for attendance due to liquor license regulations. Exhibit concludes at 5 PM Monday, April 5th. People not using Facebook may RSVP via email. Write to with the subject line saying "RSVP". In the body write the names of the guests you would like included.

Make sure you RSVP to attend the opening and get first picks at your future art collection!

John Barry
Curator/Director, Artclub INTL

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Memory Of Mr. Doug Moore

Every so often people inquire about where I get my
influences from. The truth is that among many other things, I
am quite certain this man had a lot to do with it. My
art/philosophy teacher through grades 6, 11, 12, and OAC.
Probably the one art teacher I spent the most time with. And
every so often someone will come along and tell me how famous
they think I'm going to be, he was maybe the very first person
who would think so. He showed me nothing can stop you from
being amazing. He passed away not too long ago, so I guess
you could say this is a eulogy blog post. On the top is one of his
pictures, and under that is a picture of him. Top favorite lesson I
learned was him throwing out one of my paintings because I really
had done it last minute, the paint hadn't even dried yet - not
worth doing if your heart's not in it.


-Mr. Doug Moore

A little more can be learned about the man through:

Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Since deciding to go on a creativity sharing strike January, 16, 2010, exactly three months ago, some moderate negoiation with the universe has taken place. A vote as to decide if the strike would continue was held today, March 16, 2010.
Results concluded that 62% of Lisa voted con strike with the remaining 38% voted pro strike. 72% of voters in favor of the strike came from Lisa's upper extremities.
Updates pending.