Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Big Goose Photoshoot


The Big Goose photoshoot went well. I chose an early to mid morning daylight and she stood still for most of it. Here are her best shots:


The Big Goose acrylic on canvas 48 x 48 x 1.5 inches 2018 $5000 I am most happy with the pinks against her feathered pattern. 


The rocky mountain curtains are worth bragging about. I referenced a photo of the mountains then pictured it in my head as drapery and painted the shadows accordingly. How I learned to do this I'm not so sure, probably from staring at stuff.


A close up of her head and face, a happy cloud above her cheek.


Puff out that chest! There are a number of interlocking gradients here.


My signature embedded in her wing. 


Scales on her feet.


Just a pretty shot of the main light source.


The pinks turn red in the shadows compliment the clouds in the sky nicely.


I left her a pot of grass to nibble on and hid some of her eggs in the bookshelf. So that's where my pen went!


No comments: