Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Day After Valentine's Day


Had a pretty packed day. Got up early, burned through a bunch of chores and errands and squeezed in the painting time. The sidewalks were slushy today and it made me think of this melting icicle I painted back in 2010, you can tell because I was still using black ink then. I stopped using it in 2013. It never feels like there are enough hours in a day and everything's just melting away. 


Mixed a lot of black cherry today.


Did some second coats on my geometric forms. The reds can take up to 4 coats, these paintings take a long time. I'm pretty happy with the colours, finally! I gotta go to bed now and get up early to go to work tmw, more on that later. Been spending a lot of time alone the last few days so it'll be good for me to interact with people again. Spending too much time alone makes me weird, and sorta depressed? Anyhow I'm already looking forward to coming back home and painting again.



No comments: