Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Print $ales!!

     
     Scored a couple print sales last week, business is booming! Not really, I probably made the equivalent of a visiting nurses's income for a couple of in-home insulin shots. Still ecstatic though! Every art sale is exciting, no matter the value. What a rush, just knowing someone appreciates my effort in something I love to do. The joy business, it's hard to define and put a price tag on, but now I will have extra money for paint brushes. 


Horse Harem acrylic on canvas 20 x 16 x 1.5 inches, 2013 $950
This print I sold off my Saatchiart.com page:

     Surviving on your creative effort takes a good chunk of entrepreneurial spirit. It took awhile to figure out what worked for me. I've tried everything from screen printing my own t shirts to running my own art shows in a friend's apartment. Websites work well these days offering little overhead and a global market. Although it doesn't allow for many to view the work in person. There are several sites you can market and sell art on, some take a percentage of the sale, some don't, but most cost next to nothing to sell on which equals to nothing but profit when you do. This avenue has worked well for me thus far, though never say never and I'm sure it's different for everyone. Toss on a global pandemic though and I'm not sure I'll be showing in any in-person art shows anytime soon. Chin up though, I'm doing well online. Prints are great because they're affordable and help one reach a larger audience. The downside is they never tell you who bought it or where it went. Sometimes a few months later I will find it's someone I know but 95% of the time I just never hear of again. There is something sexy about the mystery of it all, just knowing someone's got it on their wall and admiring it, like having a dedicated Peeping Tom into my soul.



Samurai Cat acrylic on wood panel, antique frame 19 x 16.5 x 0.25 inches, 2014 In private collection.

This print I sold off my Society6.com page:



No comments: