Wednesday, September 18, 2019

I Sold A Print!



I sold a print of my Family Portrait in Chinese Zodiac Animals off my society6 page! I always wonder where and who buys these prints, this is the first one I've sold of this image which means there are probably more to come. So happy to have my family welcomed into another home somewhere : ) My sister in law is a bull, my brother a goat and my grandma the purple snake.



My dad is a rat and my mom a snake. There are several doctors and I'm the nurse in the family hence all the stethoscopes.


This is me as a painting mouse painting my family's human looking portrait. My mom dressed me in a red beret when I was young which I unfortunately lost in a shopping mall : ( The art habit stuck though. To the left is my family's last name Ng in Chinese calligraphy writing but sorta upside down. My grandma does a lot of Chinese calligraphy.


My husband's a pig so he's in here too. He always wears a hat so I've included a tiny one on top of his head. My mom loves to sew so there's the sewing machine in the background.


All the rice dishes my grandma makes at family dinner: beef brisket, salmon with parsley, meat patties with bok choi, shrimp and egg and sticky rice, it's all there.


My favourite part of the painting here too, the snake hug. A snake hug to whoever bought my print, thank you!

No comments: