Thursday, January 17, 2019

Indoor Chameleon In Orange Major



INDOOR CHAMELEON IN ORANGE MAJOR acrylic on canvas 48 x 48 x 1.5 inches 2019 $6500

I finished my painting! This painting took about 4 months. I worked on it everyday for about 3 to 6 hours. Chameleons have the ability to camouflage into their environments which is why I painted it the way I did, although this is more see through than camouflage I guess. Anyway he's just chilling out in the living room there, minding his own business really. Sometimes I imagine myself going invisible in social situations, being an observer rather than the main event. Coming and going in and out of visibility I guess. I left the light on despite it being daylight outside in my painting here. Is it really daylight though? Notice the shadows in the open sky. What else can I yammer on about?


Pretty happy with it, the patterns took a long time!


People like it when I paint translucent things, I know. 


It's just a matter of drawing out the background, then the foreground, then painting in the translucent thing a few shades lighter while taking note of the patterns.


How many shades of orange did I use, can you guess?


Tinier brushes were used to paint the scales.


Hm.


Detail


Playing with sky and dimension.


I guess I could have posted more work in progress shots of this, well you can find those on my @lisangstuff instagram page. I embedded my signature into the hardwood flooring below.


Purchase the painting online here!


No comments: