Thursday, October 25, 2018

An Albino Squirrel Is Born!



Albino Squirrel acrylic on canvas 4 x 4 feet 2018 $5000

Finally I finished my painting!! Close ups below, please note, this painting took a long time.


Squirrel sits in a room floor to ceiling in cherry blossoms. 


In the back there's a collection of various knick knacks, here's a timbit depicted.


A statue of my alter ego Patricia Bueves and the earth in all her glory.


I added a careful shadow surrounding the squirrel to make my creature pop out.


Painted and repainted the white fur a few times using different tones. The white fur reflects the pink of the room just around the edges.


So cute and fluffy with a red pear.


My squirrel holds a golden walnut. I didn't use any iridescent paints this time to achieve the golden effect of the nut the squirrel's holding but opted for various tones of brown and yellow instead. I gave the fluffy fella a manicure as well!


Up close and personal, the whiskers used a brush with extra long bristles.


A turquoise necklace and a slice of cake.


The squirrel's feet, notice he white fur contains elements of blue, sienna, yellow and pink.


An air plant in a jug of air, painting glass is tricky!


My signature secretly painted into a tiny vase on the windowsill.


A sky for a window shade and more cherry blossoms outside the window.



No comments: