Wednesday, September 6, 2017

FAQ What's it like being an artist?

FURRY LISA acrylic on wood panel 30 x 22 x 1.5 inches 2016 $1500


It's fun but hard work!

I'm the type that likes to stay prolific so I'm either working on something or on my way to working on something. I also never run out of ideas so there's a lot of internal pressure to get out as many ideas I can it's ridiculous. Life is exciting but suspenseful. It can make my day-to-day tasks difficult being occupied in a dreamworld most the time. I hate long line ups and find relaxing hard. Friends and family will complain I've gone missing but really I've just been caught up in a picture somewhere. I like being able to make all my own decisions though: expressing whatever I feel like, being the boss of my own schedule, getting to pick the music, choosing all my own colours etc., but not getting consistent payment can be rough as is rejection. That is not to say there isn't that instant high of the odd pile of cash either. The highs are high and the lows are low but above all else the connections are interesting, interesting enough.

No comments: