Monday, July 5, 2010

Thoughts From The Road

Just got home from my first art tour. It went O. K., well I learned a lot. I kept expecting something terrible to happen, but nothing did, which was a very pleasant surprise (until I opened my suggestion box to discover some very unwelcoming comments). Well thanks to Mike and everyone who helped me to make my stay possible in Port Stanley, Ontario, and thanks to all who came bI to say some encouraging things. Top favorite things (in no particular order) include the people, the fish, the bridge that goes up and down coincidently located on Bridge St., the beach, the ice cream, the master sWEET I stayed in, the company, the house with the sandbox in front of it, and the black forest donut from Spicer's Bakery.

The Beach painting made its appearance in Beat Magazine this past weekend:

http://beatmagazine.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=640:erie-shores-art-fair&catid=35:article&Itemid=55

I wish I had more pictures of my trip, but forgot my camera at home in the midst of packing all my art. Here are a couple Mike took:


Me and Gnat in our guest home.


Me in the middle of my newest painting.

HEar are some comments I received in my Suggestion/GR8 Eyedea Four A Painting Box:


Yikes! This one was hard to stomach. My intention wasn't to make fun of people who live by the boardwalk at all. In fact, I love hanging out by my local boardwalk.


It's tough putting yourself out there...


Well at least somebody gets me.

No comments: