Tuesday, July 22, 2008

NEWS OF VARIOUS SORTS



1. My helmet was a hit. If you scroll far down
enough on this blog, it will mention something
about a helmet show. Unfourtunately, I don't
have a picture of the back of it. It depicts two
stories simultaneously where in one story the
guy dies due to a head injury accident, and in
the other story, the same guy gets saved by
his helmet and goes to the funeral of the guy
in the other story. Anyway, the owner of it is
going on a five day biking trip out in Banff, so
get ready for cross Canada tour! I also recently
received a comission for another helmet.

2. I got accepted into the Queen West Art Crawl
on September 13 - 14, more on that later.

3. Yesterday I received a peculiar phone call from
the Art Junction Festival saying my cannibal pieces
were inappropriate for it because there are going
to be a lot of kids there, but they encouraged me
to re-submit some family friendly stuff. So I'm
hoping my new stuff will suffice. Maybe I should
check in with the picture rating association and
designate some movie ratings for these spicy pics...

SAVE THE BEST NEWS FOR LAST!!!

4. Due to the growing sucess and popularity of
ArtMichael Gallery, our resident curator/director,
John Barry has announced his decision to stay for
another term. Rumor has it AMG activity will be
in full swing for the upcoming show titled,
TRANSPOSE, exact date TBD. Word on the street
is that the organization plans to improve its
services as the top notch art gallery in Toronto
by designating smoking zones along with smoke free
zones and a publication/catalogue outlining the
history of the AMG along with a brief report on
the mysterious Pablo Jueves. So keep your eyes
on the look out!

No comments: