Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The City At Dusk


It's taken me over a month to finish this painting, the
hardest part was getting the tiny people in it.
One of my favorite things to do when I get off work when
the sun is setting is to come home and sit on my balcony.
I live on the sixth floor of an apartment on a fairly busy
street and from my balcony you can see the sky turn
orange, then pink, then purple, then blue, then black. It's
like watching a candle go out in slow motion. The outcasts
of the city come out of their hiding places where they can
find safety in the dark and everyone else retreats back
home from a busy work day. If you sit there long enough
and observe closely, sometimes you can spot a vampire
stumbling onto the street with their eyes just opened,
or a werewolf about to transform.

No comments: