Thursday, May 31, 2018

The New Big Raccoon Problem



Back in Toronto for awhile now and finished up my big raccoon painting here. It's 4 by 4 feet and takes up some space, details posted below. I'm pretty happy with it, I had to use teeny tiny paint brushes for the details and a lot of different shades and tones of a hunter green. It was tricky mixing all the colours while staying within a very tight range of the colour spectrum. Anyway my hands hurt now but it looks nice. No plans for it yet but I did put it up online for now here: 

https://www.saatchiart.com/art/Painting-Radioactive-Raccoon-2-0/672002/4272662/view 

In the meantime I stretched out some new canvas today and already know what I want to paint next. I don't have any outdoor art show plans in the city this summer but joined an artist consortium with the art gallery just outside of LA I showed at earlier, so more to come. Anyhow if you're reading this, you already know where to find me. 


RADIOACTIVE RACCOON 2.0 acrylic on canvas 4 x 4 feet 2018 $5000


Working large lets you cram in more detail and enriches the story.


My signature on the wine bottle and a hamburger, pretty much intact!


All the half eaten vegetables and food stuffs spilling out of the fridge, it was hard not to snack late at night while working on this painting!


Delightful little pink plaid kitchen towel there. I love how green and pink look so good together. I dulled the original magenta with some green so it wouldn't be too jarring next to all the greens. I like it, it's a settle pink pop, not too attention seeking but it's there for your eyes to dart on over., and that pork chop cooking in the oven with all the drippy splattering sauces, delectable! A gorgy feast for the eyes.

No comments: