Thursday, March 28, 2019

Super Honesty Time



The snake painting's getting detailed with marble shadows but more on that later. Total honesty time I did spend 1 day without painting this week 😱 This happens rarely as I like to paint at least every day, but only maybe a small handful times a year, you never know what life throws at you. Basically I got food poisoning mid shift, it was awful. Diarrhea every 20 minutes, 12 hours straight and vomited on the street but being the only female nurse and the only RN on duty with my agency in the downtown core at the time, I'm proud to say I managed to at least struggle through what was left of the worst shift of my life, apologies and thank you to everyone's bathroom I used and sorry about the pile I left on the street. This post is probably TMI but it's kinda funny looking back on that terrible night in retrospect. I'm just glad I was still able to concentrate and get what I needed to be done safely and effectively and I didn't end up making a mess in anyone else's home, or on anyone. Nothing like some good ol' adversity, builds character! Power and status you can lose, but character you can take with you anywhere, through anything. Anyway, rest assured things are back to normal now and I'm happily painting and again and working tomorrow. Just a sorta funny day I thought I'd share.

No comments: