Thursday, March 14, 2019

Dino Landscape ReFurbished



Dino Landscape acrylic on canvas 12 x 9 x 1.5 inches 2010 
In private collection.

     Had the Dino Landscape in the studio for a quick touch up. Word of advice, if you're moving or need to put something in storage, NEVER wrap a painting in coloured tissue paper, the colour will leave the paper and stain the painting! Fortunately, after painting over some nasty purple streaks I was able to get this painting looking back to more or less it's original form, even better I think, actually. When in doubt, store a painting in archival acid free white tissue paper or glassine paper, these materials can safely touch the painting directly. Then you can wrap the painting in bubble wrap, foam, or cloth (preferably white). 

    It was actually sort of nice this happened actually because I didn't get a chance to photograph this painting before it left my hands so many years ago. I was therefore finally able to snag a good record of it before I return it back to its rightful owner. 

     There now only remains 1 painting missing out of my 200+ painting catalog (available at www.lisangart.com). My Drugged Up Bear depicted in this very old photo of me from almost 10 years ago. The painting up top, have you seen it? I sold it almost a decade ago, in the city of Toronto, ON. I wonder where it hangs these days. I can't believe almost a decade has passed since this photo was taken. Painting is a time warp, they take a long time and to be fair I do paint a lot that when I finally look up to view the world around me so much time has passed and so much of our world has changed!



No comments: