Thursday, March 28, 2019

Postcards For Sale!


The Big Goose

The painting days are fun but can be isolating and lonely. At a suggestion from a friend, I recently joined a community of penpals! I love writing and getting snail mail and opening my mail box is so exciting these days. I'm now getting mail from as far as Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, USA and of course, all across Canada. I love writing letters, another art form in itself, from the way ink hits the paper to the picking out of carefully selected stationary, envelopes and washii tape, oh my! Naturally this snowballed into giving me incentive to turn my Canada Goose painting into a postcard which blossomed into putting a whole set of postcards out. Now I'm getting fan mail from all around the world from interesting people thanking me for my artwork and questions about art this and that and it's been wonderful and lovely. It's definitely helped me feel more connected with the rest of the planet on my solitary days of painting and although it may not feel like anyone else is in my studio, I am assured someone somewhere's waiting to see my next painting, very motivating! Anyway, I put the postcards out for sale, in case anyone's interested on my etsy page: LISA NG ART Pretty affordable at $2.33 USD per card and a deal for a dozen! Link right here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LISANGART

Sending postcards have been a great way to share art all around the world. They don't cost much to make and not much to send. They make their way everywhere including the delivery in-between. There's an art collector I know who works as a letter carrier, has one of my favourite paintings but I lost contact a few years ago. Sometimes I wonder if they've come across one of these yet in their day to day..? Anyway, if you're reading this and are looking for a cheeky snail mail pen-pal send your snail mail address to my email, lisangart@hotmail.com and I will respond!


Radioactive Raccoon

Indoor Chameleon In Orange Major

Albino Squirrel

Green Anole

Frilled Lizard

Red Headed Agama Lizard


https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LISANGART

No comments: