Thursday, April 12, 2018

LA Day 2


Day 2 of the trip, energy levels still high. Morning afternoon was spent exploring the downtown core by car and on foot, pretty nice! Of interesting to note, LA has it's own down and out folks too, mostly segregated on this 1 slummy street is what I observed. Late afternoon I took a painting break before heading off to the Griffiths Park Observatory via Sunset Blvd.

Here's where my day began:



Just driving by.


VIP behind the scenes tour of a screen printing shop! NEAT


Peeping on a pricey Pollock at the MOCA LA 


Weird sculpture, the radio hanging plays music, by a native Californian.


The BROAD art museum.

Looks like a Gehry alright.

The shoot out scene from the movie HEAT.


Ice cream truck has a vegan option.


Giant strange plant.


Painting break, I got my travel size temporary studio set up in here.


The round brush with pointed tip is the most versatile of all the brushes in my opinion. It can do tiny contours with the tip and large fill ins with the stalk. Stick me on a deserted island and the round tip brush is the paintbrush I would choose. First coat has begun, clear blue skies throughout.


As the sun went down we took a drive down Sunset Blvd. Pretty flashy, got sleazier towards the edge the further along you go.


The Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd., the same night the owner died..


Griffiths Park Observatory, my favourite destination of the day. Inside is a giant pendulum, a replica science experiment that proves earth rotates on an axis. 


Look at that view! Just 1 of several many. We may have to come back, you can see the HOLLYWOOD sign from here but it was too dark at this time.


No comments: