Friday, April 12, 2019

Sssspring Is Here!


Snake In The Bathroom 48 x 48 x 1.6 inches 2019 $6500

     Spring is here and I finished my painting! I heard this funny story about how snakes have been known to hide in the pipes of homes for warmth when it's cold out and now that winter is gone, this snake's making its presence known. This by far has been my most challenging snake painting. I'm most proud of the way I've looped the snake in and out of itself, sort of making a tangled mess, climbing up the walls, snaking around the sink, coming in and out of the sink and spilling out of the bathtub. It took a few tries drawing it out, weaving the body back and forth to get the right composition I wanted. Anyway I've put it in storage for now until interest comes knocking. For now I've put it available on my Saatchiart.com page and my LISA NG ART Easy page. 



     Really happy how shadows make the head pop out and the way the marble tiling came out. I used medium to thin out the paints to achieve that marble like effect.


     Close up of the snake's belly, pressing up the glass of the shower.


     These scales took a long time! Check out that snake belly, I like how it added variety to all the green scales in this particular composition.


     Spilling out of the bathtub.


     Snakes are interesting to draw and paint. They can be simple like just one line, or they can be tangled, or they can outline the contours of its environment like how this part snoops against the windowsill and toilet. The toilet holder is all gold, all class too.


     Marble tiling, I'm so happy with the way this turned out. This, I think it's my best marble tiling I've painted. I studied a lot of marble trying to achieve this effect. I looked at green marble, lime green marble, white marble and sort of combined all those elements to get the right kind of marble I desired.


     The snake stretches to the ceiling too, exploring that use of space.


     Looping along the golden bath mat here.


     I love the way pink and green look together. I didn't want to overdo it with the pink as I sometimes do but used only a very selective amount, for the bar soap only. I think it looks nice with the green and the gold faucet. 


     Piles and piles of more snake and shadow and some water puddles too.


     Here it is in my studio so you can get a better idea of the scale of this painting. It takes up a lot of space! It's a little sad having to put it away for now, it's occupied my brain for 3 or 4 months this snake! A whole season goes by from start to finish with one of these giant animal paintings.


     Anyway, I've already begun my next painting now. Already I am excited, I love creation.

No comments: