Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Memory Of Mr. Doug Moore






Every so often people inquire about where I get my
influences from. The truth is that among many other things, I
am quite certain this man had a lot to do with it. My
art/philosophy teacher through grades 6, 11, 12, and OAC.
Probably the one art teacher I spent the most time with. And
every so often someone will come along and tell me how famous
they think I'm going to be, he was maybe the very first person
who would think so. He showed me nothing can stop you from
being amazing. He passed away not too long ago, so I guess
you could say this is a eulogy blog post. On the top is one of his
pictures, and under that is a picture of him. Top favorite lesson I
learned was him throwing out one of my paintings because I really
had done it last minute, the paint hadn't even dried yet - not
worth doing if your heart's not in it.

ART ROOMS ARE FOR MAKING ART
ART ROOMS ARE SAFE

-Mr. Doug Moore

A little more can be learned about the man through:
www.hsc.on.ca/news-events/news/doug-moore.html

No comments: